The Atlanta Photojournalism Seminar, America’s longest continuously operating photojournalism conference, was founded in 1973 by a group of photojournalists representing newspapers, magazines and wire services. A 501(c)(3) organization, the Seminar promotes the highest standards of photojournalism through an annual educational conference and photography contest judged by working photographers and editors.
The Seminar offers:
- Photography and video workshops led by some of the country’s most talented photojournalists, aimed at helping photographers of any skill level.
- Distinguished speakers from photojournalism field.
- Vendor displays of the latest photography and video gear.
- Free clean and checks of equipment (limit two), provided by Nikon and Canon.
- Photography contest, awarding more than $5,000 in prizes.
- Portfolio reviews.
Speakers throughout the years have included Pulitzer Prize winners, Photographer of the Year winners, major magazine and wire service photographers, influential directors of photography, important educators in photojournalism, academia.
The Seminar runs for two days. Friday workshops, are smaller, more interactive and more topic-driven. Saturday Speakers bring all our attendees together for Speaker talks. Portfolio reviews are available both nights. The Seminar is open to all attendees. You will find a mix of pros, students, teachers and enthusiasts.