First Place - 2015 Spot News
An Israeli soldier fights with the family of Mohammed Tamimi, 12, (bottom) as he tried to detain the boy during clashes between Israeli security forces and Palestinian protesters following a march against Palestinian land confiscation to expand the nearby Jewish Hallamish settlement on August 28, 2015 in the West Bank village of Nabi Saleh near Ramallah.
Abbas Momani / Agence France-Presse
First Place - 2015 General News
An elderly woman walks on a destroyed bridge on the road to the airport which was the scene of heavy fighting, on her way to retrieve belongings from her home, in Donetsk, Ukraine, Sunday, March 1, 2015.
Vadim Ghirda / Associated Press
First Place - 2015 Feature
A little girl plays in the monument to the victims of the attack of 11M in Atocha train station in Madrid
First Place - 2015 Portrait/Personality
A penitent casts his shadow as he takes part in "Nuestro Senor Atado a la Columna, Maria Santisima de la Paz y San Juan Evangelista" Holy Week procession in Arcos de la Frontera, Spain, Tuesday, March 31, 2015. Hundreds of processions take place throughout Spain during the Easter Holy Week.
Daniel Ochoa de Olza / Associated Press
First Place - 2015 Sports Feature
Norway's Anders Jacobsen soars during the trial jump at the third stage of the four hills ski jumping tournament in Innsbruck, Austria, Saturday, Jan. 3, 2015.
Matthias Schrader / Associated Press
First Place - 2015 Sports Action
Jimmy Lange punches the mouthpiece out of the mouth of Mike Sawyer during their light heavyweights bout at EagleBank Arena on the campus of George Mason University on October 17, 2015 in Fairfax, Virginia.
Patrick Smith / Getty Images
First Place - 2015 Sports Picture Story (Excerpt)
A fighting bull reacts after a bullfighter nails a "banderilla" on his back during a bullfight at Las Ventas bullring in Madrid, Spain, Friday, May 1, 2015. Bullfighting is a traditional spectacle in Spain and the season runs from March to October.
Andres Kudacki / Associated Press
First Place - 2015 Feature Picture Story/Essay (Excerpt )
The district of the Rivera Hernandez is one of the hottest in the gang violence that exists in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. There, the Maras are the ones who rule the streets.
Emerge as neighborhood protection organizations to prevent gangs from elsewhere capture control or command of the area. The Mara is a reference of identity for all young people in the neighborhoods whose future image is to live and die in defense of territory.
First Place - 2015 News Picture Story (Excerpt)
Migrants disembark from a dinghy on a beach after arriving from the Turkish coast to the village of Skala Sikaminias on the northeastern Greek island of Lesbos, on Thursday, Oct. 22, 2015.
Santi Palacios / Associated Press
Below is a list of the winners from the 2015 Atlanta Photojournalism Seminar Contest. Thank you to everyone who entered and participated in the contest, and congratulations to the winners!
Click the category title to view the winning images.
- First Place – Callaghan O'Hare
- First Place – Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images News
- First Place – Abbas Momani / Agence France-Presse
- Second Place – Ozcan Yaman / Agence France-Presse
- Third Place – Bulent Kilic / Agence France-Presse
- Honorable Mention – Sait Serkan Gurbuz / Reuters
- Honorable Mention – David Goldman / Associated Press
- Honorable Mention – Mark Garfinkel / Boston Herald
- First Place – Vadim Ghirda / Associated Press
- Second Place – Patrick Semansky / Associated Press
- Third Place – Yannis Behrakis / Reuters
- Honorable Mention – Alvaro Barrientos / Associated Press
- Honorable Mention – Brian Snyder / Reuters
- First Place – Javier Arcenillas
- Second Place – Mukhtar Khan / Associated Press
- Third Place – Angelos Tzortzinis / Agence France-Presse
- Honorable Mention – Scott Strazzante / San Francisco Chronicle
- Honorable Mention – Brendan Sullivan / Omaha World-Herald
- First Place – Daniel Ochoa de Olza / Associated Press
- Second Place – Dimitar Dilkoff / Agence France-Presse
- Third Place – Theo Stroomer
- Honorable Mention – Pete Marovich / Corbis
- Honorable Mention – Francis Gardler / Lincoln Journal Star
- Honorable Mention – Andrew Russell / Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
- First Place – Matthias Schrader / Associated Press
- Second Place – Pete Marovich / Freelance
- Third Place – David Ramos Vidal
- First Place – Patrick Smith / Getty Images
- Second Place – Stefan Wermuth / Reuters
- Third Place – Veasey Conway
- Honorable Mention – Patrick Smith / Getty Images
- First Place – Andres Kudacki / Associated Press
- Second Place – Patrick Smith / Getty Images
- Honorable Mention – Susana Vera / REUTERS
- First Place – Javier Arcenillas
- Second Place – Probal Rashid
- Third Place – Maye-E Wong / Associated Press
- Honorable Mention – Gabriela Arp
- Honorable Mention – Andres Kudacki / Associated Press
- Honorable Mention – Stephen Morton
- First Place – Win McNamee / Getty Images
- Second Place – Vadim Ghirda / Associated Press
- Third Place – Jerome Delay / Associated Press
- First Place – Santi Palacios / Associated Press
- Second Place – Justin Sullivan
- Third Place – Pierpaolo Mittica
- Honorable Mention – Patrick Semansky / Associated Press
- Honorable Mention – Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images News
- First Place – Gabriela Arp
- Second Place – Sophia Allison / UNC - Chapel Hill
- Honorable Mention – Celia Tobin
- Honorable Mention – Guy Wathen / Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
- First Place – John Pendygraft / Tampa Bay Times
- Second Place – Carter McCall
- Honorable Mention – Sophia Allison / UNC - Chapel Hill
2015 Dave Martin Student Grant